Mount Laurel Contested Divorce Lawyers
Your Divorce Attorney in New Jersey
Divorce is never an easy experience, especially when there are disagreements and conflicts that need to be resolved during the process. At Fuhrman & Edelman, P.C., we understand that you may be feeling stressed and overwhelmed with the divorce process and may not know where to begin. Our firm is here to help you through this process and get you the results you deserve. In addition, we understand that you may not be able to afford an attorney, which is why we offer fixed-fee pricing. We offer you the legal guidance you need while keeping your wallet in mind.
What Is a Contested Divorce?
A contested divorce is a divorce where both parties are not in agreement on all issues. For example, if the couple has disagreements on how to divide their property or how to handle custody of their children, then these issues will be contested.
In a contested divorce, the couple will need the help of an experienced family law attorney to represent their interests and get them a favorable outcome. Our firm will do this by helping you get your fair share of the marital assets and helping you create a parenting plan that will work for both you and your spouse.
Judicial vs. Non-Judicial Divorce
There are two types of contested divorces: judicial and non-judicial.
- In a judicial divorce, the couple must go to court to finalize the divorce. This is necessary if the couple cannot agree on issues like property division, child custody, child support, etc.
- In a non-judicial divorce, the couple can avoid the court system by agreeing on all issues themselves and finalizing the divorce in front of a notary public.
Why Choose Fuhrman & Edelman for Your Divorce
- Over 80 Years of Combined Family Law Experience
- Our Lawyers Walk with You Through Every Step of Your Separation
- Our Strategies Are Geared Towards Your Best Interests at All Times
- Our Lawyers Have Been Proudly Serving Mount Laurel, NJ Since 1986
- We Are Passionate Attorneys Who Find Happiness in Reaching Your Goals
We can help you move past this part of your life! Contact us for a FREE consultation to discuss your family issues.